We are pleased to be part of an initiative to create clearer pathways from Richard Bland Community College to Virginia's Private four-year colleges. The Richard Bland Guaranteed Admissions Agreement (GAA) (PDF) is an umbrella agreement – R-MC's specific requirements/guidelines are located on page 19.
Three Things We Promise
- Guaranteed merit-based transfer scholarships.
- A streamlined admission process that only requires – your official college transcript(s) and an application (R-MC application or Common Application). Did we mention it’s FREE to apply?
- Our offer of admissions means we believe in you and your ability to pursue ANY of our majors, minors and/or pre-professional programs.
Three Things You Should Know
- Students must have earned a minimum GPA of 3.0. A minimum grade of C- must be obtained in each course the student wishes to transfer. Eligible transfer students must provide transcripts from any other college(s) attended.
- Richard Bland GAA students must complete the R-MC transfer application (R-MC application or Common Application) and submit all official college transcripts by May 1 (for fall term admission) or December 1 (for spring term admission).
- Richard Bland GAA students will be granted junior status and will be considered as having fulfilled the College’s general education requirements, with the following exclusions and exceptions:
- Students who complete the Associates of Arts degree at Richard Bland College must complete the college’s Cross-Area Requirements (PDF), most of which can be fulfilled through most major programs and should not significantly increase the time to completion of degree.
- Students who complete the Associates of Science degree at Richard Bland College must complete any additional foreign language coursework necessary to satisfy Randolph-Macon College’s graduation requirement of intermediate language proficiency, as well as must complete the college’s Cross-Area Requirements (PDF), most of which can be fulfilled through most major programs and should not significantly increase the time to completion of degree.
If you do not meet the criteria for the Richard Bland GAA, you can still be considered for admission through one of the other transfer pathways.